Pre and Post Pest Control Treatment Guide
It is important that your technician has easy and safe access to all entry points such as doorways, windows and skirting boards – these are the key areas for treatment. Before your technician arrives please make sure you:
- Clear any items from window sills and the floor (including from under beds and other furniture)
- Put personal items (e.g. clothing, toys) in cupboards or on a bed with a cover sheet
- Put personal toiletries (e.g. toothbrush, towels, toilet paper) in cupboards or cover them
- Put food and crockery away in cupboards (store food in airtight containers)
- Clean behind and under your whiteware appliances e.g. fridge, dishwasher and oven
- Wash walls and skirting boards.
Cleaning may remove the residual product leaving the treatment ineffective. We recommend that wash walls and skirting boards and water blast the outside of your property several days before the treatment.
Do you have pets?
You must notify our office if there are pets on your property. If you have an ‘inside’ pet you must make alternative arrangements for your animal during the treatment and for at least four hours after the treatment. Reptile or fish tanks must be covered with oxygen supplies turned off.
After your pest control treatment
- Do not enter the property for at least four hours after your pest control treatment
- Wipe down food preparation areas (but not walls)
- Wash any bedding/covers that were left out
- Do not touch any installed traps or bait
- Do not wash the product off surfaces.
How to prevent further infestations
There is no such thing as an invisible barrier to stop pests from coming inside. We view pest control as a partnership between our qualified technicians and you, the property owner/tenant. Good sanitation and hygiene, together with an effective pest control programme can reduce infestation.
We also recommend that you:
- Clean your kitchen and food preparation areas every day
- Remove rubbish and food scraps every day – dispose of in sealed bags
- Clean behind the fridge and oven to prevent pests from breeding (at least every 1-3 months)
- Regularly clean kitchen cupboards that are used to store food (at least every 1-2 months)
- Always keep food stored in air tight containers (e.g. floor, rice, spices, pasta, fruit and vegetables)
- Clean pet food bowls after every use
We offer a 100% guarantee on the professional service and application of our products. We use commercial pest control products that are approved by New Zealand’s Environmental Protection Agency. These products are designed to break down over a six to eight week period. The product has a manufactures guarantee of up to three months. To remain effective, the product must not be removed for the recommended life of the treatment (12 weeks). New Zealand has harsh UV light that may cause the project to break down earlier. More than one treatment may be required for ongoing control over the summer months.
Your treatment has a set timeframe for effectiveness.